Brown continues its commitment to veterans and their families by collaborating with the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs in support of the following programs:
- Post - 9/11 GI Bill® (Chapter 33)
- Yellow Ribbon Program
- Veteran Readiness and Employment (VRE - Chapter 31)
- Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance (Chapter 35)
Brown's Undergraduate Student Veteran Initiatives for 2022-23
- Brown will consider all prospective, undergraduate student veterans on a need-blind basis, eliminating any consideration of an applicant’s ability to pay from the admission decision.
- Yellow Ribbon Program awards will increase to cover 100% of mandatory tuition and fees for eligible, undergraduate student veterans and dependents of eligible veterans.
- Brown will replace all student contributions previously expected from undergraduate student veterans and/or their spouses with a combination of benefits from the VA, University Scholarship, and/or federal grants, fully covering the student’s Cost of Attendance each academic year. **This initiative will not apply to dependents of veterans**.
- Undergraduate student veterans and dependents of eligible veterans need not be a recipient of need-based aid to receive eligible benefits.
- Please note that student veterans are required to use any and all eligible benefits prior to receiving University funding.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. More information about VA education benefits is available at the VA website.