Apply for Aid as a Current Student
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) should be available to complete online by January 1, 2024. See FAFSA Simplification
- Complete the FAFSA no later than February 1, 2024
- After reviewing the FAFSA information, the Office of Financial Aid will determine if there are additional documents needed in order to determine a student’s eligibility. If additional documents are needed, we will list them on the requirements tab in Banner Self-Service after December 20, 2023.
- To upload the additional required documents, use Banner Self-Service. (Current students are no longer required to upload documents through IDOC.)
In Some Situations, Application Instructions Vary
Students in these situations should contact the Office of Financial Aid at email@example.com:
- Returning from a leave of absence
- Applying for financial aid for the first time
- Applying for aid for the Spring 2024 semester only
- Receiving no need-based financial aid in the 2023-24 academic year (e.g. no University Scholarship)
International Students (including Canadians)
Check Banner Self-Service after December 20, 2023 to see which documents are required to apply for aid. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2024.
International students returning from a leave of absence should contact the Office of Financial Aid at firstname.lastname@example.org.