Apply for Aid as a Current Student
U.S. Citizens and Permanent Residents
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available to complete online as of October 1, 2020.
- Complete the FAFSA no later than February 1, 2021
- After reviewing the FAFSA information, the Office of Financial Aid will determine if there are additional documents needed in order to determine a student’s eligibility. If additional documents are needed, we will list them on the requirements tab in Banner Self-Service.
- To upload the additional required documents, use Banner Self-Service. (Current students are no longer required to upload documents through IDOC.)
In Some Situations, Application Instructions Vary
Students in these situations should contact the Office of Financial Aid at [email protected]:
- Returning from a leave of absence
- Applying for financial aid for the first time
- Applying for aid for the Spring 2022 semester only
- Receiving no need-based financial aid in the 2020-21 academic year (e.g. no University Scholarship)
International Students (including Canadians)
Check Banner Self-Service to see which documents are required to apply for aid. The deadline to apply is February 1, 2021.
International students returning from a leave of absence should contact the Office of Financial Aid at [email protected].