Undergraduate Financial Aid

Child Care Support for Undergraduate Students

Child Care Support for Undergraduate Students Receiving University Need-based Scholarship

Child Care Support assists undergraduate students with child care expenses for eligible dependents between the ages of 0 to 6 years.

The maximum support is $4,000 a year ($2,000 per semester) per household and is based on expenses incurred during the academic year (9 months). A reduced amount will be offered if the actual expenses are less than the maximum. Funding will appear on the financial aid offer as Child Care Support and will be applied to your student billing account. The Child Care Support will be available regardless of an outstanding balance.  

If you meet the eligibility criteria below, you may submit the Child Care Support Application via document upload in Banner Self-Service.


Undergraduate student parents eligible for the Child Care Support:

  • Receive need-based scholarship from the University.
  •  Are enrolled in a degree program at least half-time.
  • Have a legal dependent between the ages of 0 to 6 for whom they are financially responsible for in the upcoming year.
  • Are unmarried, or have a spouse who meets one of the criteria below:
    • Employed at least part-time
    • A full-time student
    • Considered legally disabled
    • Unemployed, but actively seeking employment
    • Not an employee or graduate student at Brown receiving the Child Care Subsidy from the University

The Office of Financial Aid will notify you via email and you will be able to review the amount offered on Banner Self-Service.

Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at (401) 863-2721 or financial_aid@brown.edu with any questions about the Child Care Support.